Beauty,Fashion and Lifestyle

Monday 11 February 2013

Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer | Review


I apologise for the mess on the packaging! Couldn't get the security tags off.

I have read so many good reviews on these, so i got really excited and went out and bought a few. I bought mine from Savers for around £5...i think. Don't quote me on that.
I got a Pinkie colour called Celestial and a coral colour called Luna. I obviously had to get an Orange one :)
I love how they have named these, i think its clever :) haha.

Anyway, so these have an foam applicator brush which has a hole in it, so that the product collects inside it and you don't have to re dip the applicator. I think that's pretty clever, and its also really easy to use this applicator too which is good. Well designed Rimmel! 

These lip lacquers are so pigmented and creamy. The also seemed to have moisturised my lips which is an added bonus! The colours are so pretty on, they are so bright and glossy. I hate sticky lip glosses, so this really is a great product for me because it is not sticky in the slightest! Meaning that my hair will not be constantly stuck to my mouth, which is SO annoying!


Celestial

Luna

Now as everybody who reads my blog will know, i LOVE Rimmel lip products. And this is the main reason why i was so excited about the release of these lip lacquers. However, it pains me to say this, but i am not really a huge fan of these!

What i want from a lip product is for it too look nice as well as last a long time. Yes these look nice when you first apply them, but within half an hour the colour has faded and has almost completely disappeared!!! I have heard so many people rave about how long lasting these are, so whether i got a bad batch i don't know. Either way i am so disappointed with these, and definitely wont be buying anymore of them.

Now, i am comparing them to the lasting power of the Topshop and Mac lipsticks as well as my all time favourite lip products the Revlon Just bitten kissable lip stains, however, i was expecting them to last a lot longer. So disappointed Rimmel!!!


Has anybody else had any bad experiences with these?

x




No comments:

Post a Comment