Beauty,Fashion and Lifestyle

Wednesday 24 April 2013

My Everyday Make-Up.

Hey guys! 
I thought i would do something a little different and write a post about the products i use for my everyday make-up. This way you will all have an insight into what i use regularly, and therefore obviously like to use. For each item i will give a mini review, however, i will not be providing the prices simply because i cannot remember how much i paid for each item.

So here is a picture of my make-up a few days ago, and this is the look that i will be referring to.


So first things first. Before even applying any make-up i will cleanse and moisturise my face.


To do this i use:
  • Ultrabland - from Lush, i have already posted a review on this here.
  • Dream Cream - also from lush. This cream is amazing. Its purpose is to soothe irritated skin. Now i suffer from eczema so my skin is very sensitive and dry, so this cream is perfect for people with skin like me. Its not really meant to be a face moisturiser, however, i find that it really does the trick on my skin. It doesn't leave a greasy residue like many other intense moisturisers, and it also smells nice :)
  • Oil Balancing wipes - Primark. These are my go-to cleansing wipes. I love them. As i have already mentioned i have sensitive skin, and these are the only cheaper cleansing wipes which don't leave my skin in a rash, and still do their job properly. They leave my skin feeling really clean and soft.

Before i move on to the make-up i thought i would quickly give these make-up brushes a mention. Since discovering these almost a year ago i have never used another make-up brush. These are so inexpensive and so sooo good. They are really soft and last such a long time. In the year that i have been using them, not one hair has come out of these brushes when i have been using them. Such good quality for money.


  •  Real Techniques Core Collection - Boots £21.99. This set comes with a Buffing Brush, Blush Brush, Foundation Brush and Concealer Brush. It also comes with the little carry case that you can see in the picture, which i use to keep all of my brushes in.


  • Real Techniques Starter Set - Boots £21.99. This set includes an Eyeshadow Brush, Blending/ Crease Brush, Eyeliner Brush, Eyebrow Brush (which i lost :( ) and an Accent Brush. This also comes with a carry case.


  • Blush Brush - Boots £9.99
  • Stippling Brush - Boots £11.99. These two came seperatly from the sets.


Face.
I don't normally wear foundation, and i am not in the photo, however i thought i would give these a quick mention.


  • Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation - I only ever wear this if my skin is really blotchy and i have had an outbreak of spots. I think in the last few months i have used this twice, so for the money this does last me a long time. It gives a really nice matte finish, it makes my skin look flawless, i would say it gives a medium coverage but is build able. I do find that it feels really heavy on my skin, but i do feel like that no matter what foundation i wear, so i think that's just my hate for foundation.
  • Bare Minerals Original foundation - I wear this when i feel that my skin is looking a bit dull and tired and whenever i have bad red patches on my skin. This gives a medium coverage but is build able. ( I use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to buff this into the skin) This doesn't feel heavy on the skin, which i love. I love the finish that this gives, and the fact that it is a powder. I have had this since December and have nearly used the whole pot, so i definitely use this often.




Concealers
I use two concealers:
  • Mac Select Moisture cover concealer - This gives a great coverage, so great that i tend to just wear this instead of wearing any foundation. As you can see on the picture i have nearly used it all, which makes me kind of sad. My favourite concealer. The only negative is that i cant use it under my eyes because it just sits in the creases.
  • Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer - The best concealer for under your eyes that i have come across. I have just ran out of this, and will definitely be repurchasing.




who can spot me? haha



  • Mac Mineralize Skinfinish - This looks amazing when put on top of the Mac Studio Sculpt foundation. I use this to contour my face, and because it is a little darker then my skin i sometimes use it as a bronzer, however, now it has gotten a bit sunnier i am going to start using a darker bronzer. This is great to dab onto the skin with a Stippling brush in places that the sun would naturally hit, to give your skin a lovely natural finish.
  • Benefit Dandelion Brightening Face Powder - I use this mainly as a highlighter, however, it do sometimes use it as a blush because of its pinkie colour. I have used this everyday since September and it just doesn't seem to be going down, worth every penny. It gives my skin a natural glow.
  • Sleek Blush in Life's a Peach - I pretty much use this everyday, and think i will probably use it throughout the summer too. Its just a really nice summery colour. Very pigmented and long lasting.

Eyes



  • Maybelline Great Lash - I have always used Maybelline mascaras and at the moment it is not any different. I use this for my bottom lashes, it gives them lots of volume, and tends to never clump no matter how many layers i apply.
  • Maybelline One by One Volume Express Mascara - I have already written a review here. I use this for my top lashes.



  • Urban Decay Naked Palette - £36. I tend to use both of the naked palettes, however for this smokey eyed look i used the Naked palette. Shades, Toasted, Hustle, Darkhorse and Creep in particular. ( the dark brown across to the black) I tend to never use eyeliner because it makes my eyes look really small, so instead i use my Eyeliner Brush and the black Shadow Creep. I just sweep the shadow across my lash line, just like i would with an eyeliner. this does the same thing, but without making my eyes looking tiny. I would recommend the Naked Palettes to everyone! You can create so many looks with these shadows, and they last forever! They are also extremely pigmented!

Lips



  • Mac Prep and Prime - This really moisturises your lips and makes your lipstick last longer. I tend to use this when i am not already wearing Mac lipstick, because they are already long lasting.
  • Mac Cremesheen Speed Dial Lipstick - £14. A lovely bright pink. Very creamy, but long lasting. Cremesheen is my favourite finish from Mac.
And that is my everyday make-up finished!!
This post ended up being a lot longer than i planned. I hope you all enjoyed reading this. :)


4 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing blog post! Really informative, i might try the mac lipstick, looks lovely!
    Love your blog <3
    Beth x
    http://livelifebrightbdearie55.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) yes it is one of my favourites! so nice

      Delete
  2. that blush brush looks pretty good,
    I heard great things about it.

    great blog!
    Carter

    http://herfashionremains.blogspot.ca/
    http://herfashionremains.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete