Beauty,Fashion and Lifestyle

Thursday 6 February 2014

Friday Favourites | Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms



Hey.
This is going to be a quick post, it was scheduled in for last Fridays 'Friday Favourites' , however, I was too busy to write it. So I thought I would post it today so that you have a post for every week day this week. You will still have my 'Friday Favourites' post for this week tomorrow.

Now a few weeks ago, I briefly mentioned these in a beauty haul post. Since then I have been wearing them nearly every day. I absolutely love them. Now that probably won't come as a surprise because I have already raved about the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains in a previous post, and they are all pretty much the same, these just being the Matte Version.

These are extremely last longing, they don't last as long as the Just Bitten Stains, however, one application can last me 4 hours at work, which is pretty good. They also last while you are eating too, which many lip products would not. I thought that because they are a Matte product they would naturally be a bit drying, but these actually moisturise my lips slightly. They are like creamy lip balms but with a Matte finish , it is weird.  The fact that they are not drying did shock me a little bit. But it is fantastic. 

These balms are also extremely pigmented, which you can see in my swatches at the end of this post. The product just glides so easily onto your lips. I think that the way that the product is shaped and packaged, makes it a lot easier to apply, I could honestly apply these with my eyes closed. While as with matte lipsticks I will mess up numerous times before I am happy with how it looks.

The  only downside that I can see with these, is the choice, hopefully this will better with time, because they are relevantly new. I think there are only 7-8 colours to choose from,they are all beautiful colours, and they have a colour for everyone. However, I personally would like more choice. Apart from that well done Revlon, you have done it again!

I know that Revlon have brought out a few different finishes in this range so I am tempted to try some more, if anyone has then please comment and let me known what you think?


Standout

Sultry


No comments:

Post a Comment